Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dogwood acres

I have had this near recurring dream for the last year or so.





We bought a new house with some property, there was a second house at the back of the property that was in good shape, but we never used it for anything but storage and seldom went there. Every now and then I would decide (Remember) to go back there as there was a lot of equipment left there by the previous owner, a veritable cookie jar of Guy stuff.



Old chainsaws, new chainsaws, snowmobiles, stereo equipment all kinds of goods with one area gated off which I constantly forgot about and was happy to find when I went there as this is where the "Good Stuff" was. Now in these dreams I dont remember the house we lived in, just remembered there was this other house to go to and walked back there. It sat on the edge of a hill at the bottom of which was another garage where I was storing and forgetting I had stored some tractors. This I remembered about after going back to the house on occasion.


Always cool to find stuff you forgot about and enjoy!




These dreams took the same shape and followed similar formats the first 10 times or so that I had them, Id remember this treasure trove of goodies, go there and revel in my good fortune.

That is until the last time when things got.....Uh.....Weird?




This time it was night time.



I went through the same remembering about the house, going there and so forth, but when I got there, there was a party in the garage. So I went in and was like WTF people, this is my garage, you cant just come in here and have a party! And it was a weird party, Hippies, colored lights, smoke, drugs, A record player playing Jimmi hendrix, (The guitar scratch from Are you experienced") just too many people, all this going on inside this garage with all of my forgotten goodies.



So I demanded to know whose party it was, I got no response. Then I checked the gated part and found everything to be OK, but when I turned around the party had stopped and everyone was looking at me with this weird expression and they had a gray pallor about them. Then this kid comes up to me as Im walking around and yells "Hey man, my mom rents this place and you cant just come in and break up our party.




Then everything stopped and it was the next day.



It was grey and overcast and crappy, cold and damp. I walked back to the house only to find the front door open, so I walked in. There was a stiff breeze coming in every window and the curtains (white sheer) were blowing around, but the place smelled musty and damp.



I turned a corner to where the breakfast booth (?) was to find the kid sitting there, drapes blowing around him and sometimes partially obscuring him. I asked him where his mother was and what right they had to squat on my property, he just stared at me, he looked dead. He only said "You cant make us leave".



So I shouted "What f**king right do you have to be in my house with the windows and doors open"!!



To which he replied "Go to hell" and jumped out the window.




This freaked me out considerably, I felt cold and clammy. I looked out the window to see him talking with someone lying on the ground, it was a dog. At this point I was getting scared as it was a big dog and I felt it might be best if I left.



So I did.



It was hot now and unbearably humid with a horrible gray sky, dismal and no more breeze. Upon walking back to the house I noticed an unbearable stench and looked around and was shocked to find dead dogs in the trees, tens of them in different states of decay and all at different heights. These were big dogs, Rottweilers and dobermans, some bones, some still with fur. I had a certain scence of dread that I hadn't felt since I was a kid. That feeling where you know something is right behind you and is going to get you. But I couldn't help wondering how they got them up there.



I turned around and there is the kid, he looked normal now almost too neat and normal for the circumstances. I asked him why there was dog corpses in the trees, he replied that it was his mothers art and I couldn't kick them out for it. I ordered him to take them down, he would only say that they had a right to express their art and I couldn't do a thing about it. All the while talking with no emotion.



So I just started walking away, through these trees with dogs in them........

No comments:

Post a Comment